Other than my About Me page I haven’t truly introduced myself and who I really am. The idea behind this post came from a post I saw on Pinterest.
- 10 Random Facts About Me
- I have battled meningitis on three different occasions.
- I have overcome early cervical cancer in 2015/16.
- I have an obsession with cake.
- I was listed in the top 100 poets in 2015 & 2016.
- I have had over 6 poems published, the most recent due for release later this year in memory of my Angel Baby.
- I’m qualified in Biomedical Science.
- I work in the Legal Sector mainly working in Debt Recovery.
- I’m passionate about food and love to cook, something I have passed on to the children.
- I also have an unhealthy obsession with shoes, bags and make up.
- I’m too honest for my own good.
- Meaning Behind My Blog Name
Working Mums Club was in the pipeline for a while before it was started. I used to run a popular and successful blog called the Day in the Life of a Hopeless Romantic. This was blog all about dating in your mid twenties and the highs and the lows. My readers followed me on a journey from leaving a toxic relationship of 7 years to being single, falling for my best friend, to finding Mr Nice who turned out to be not so nice, to being single (again) and being on a dating sites, to finding the love of my life. My partner kept pushing for me to write about our family adventures. Our days out reviewed, products, challenges etc. What it’s really like to work full time and have joint responsibility of his children as well as people following our journey from pregnancy to birth of our bundle of joy (we hope 2019 that this part of the blog will come).
- My Plans & Goals
My plans and goals are not just my plans and goals as such. They are more like life milestones that I wish to achieve. My ultimate goal is to get married and have children with my partner. This is something we speak about a lot and we both want to happen as soon as possible. I want us to grow our family and have more children to love and support and nurture. Nothing beats seeing the smile on a child’s face, or hearing them call you with a big grim just to tell you that they love you. (5) recently asked could me and his daddy have a baby, this was short lived after he met my cousins little puppy Ruby. He wanted a puppy instead. Unfortunately at the start of the year I miscarried at 10 weeks which left me numb and heartbroken. I also plan to spend more time on my blog and concentrate on writing more poetry. Ultimately, I just want to be happy and have a lifetime of love and laughter with my little family.
Well if you know me personally you know that for a number of years I was given the nickname Pork Chop by my brother. This seems to have stuck unlike the others he used to call me, Chuck Norris, Moosey, Chicken Nugget (to name a few). I get called Loops a lot to.
- Favourite Things
- Movie : This is always a hard one, I have a number of favourite films but I guess my go to film when i’m ill or upset is Sex and the City Movie 1&2.
- TV Show: I love real life crime documentaries, I loved Dexter to it’s a series I would watch over and over again. Then again we’re currently re watching Breaking Bad.
- Book: Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern, was made into a film called Love Rosie.
- Song: Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts, this song reminds me of my partner so much. We both had to go through absoulute hell to find each other.
- Food: Cake is life but if we’re talking meals then it would either have to be a decent steak or sea bass.
- Drink: Coffee. I have to have coffee everyday.
- Destination: Florida, hot weather, theme parks,. cocktails and Disney what more could a girl want. I can’t wait to go back.
- Place: This would 100% have to be Shoreditch now. Many great date nights have been in Shoreditch from restaurants to bars and even mini golf.
- Words I Need to Share
I’m not perfect and I don’t claim to be. What I am is real, I love with everything I have. I put everyone and everything before myself. I have three people who rely on me who I would risk my life for over and over again. While I may not be the boys biological mum I raise them like my own making sure they have all they need to grow into perfect little gentlemen. I have had a lot of negative criticisms from people who don’t actually know us or haven’t seen me around the boys. The boys do not call me mum, they have a biological mum. They understand that they have two loving homes. Two sets of families that love them unconditionally. I’m proud of myself for how far we’ve come as a family and how much of an impact I’ve had on the boys. I don’t have to love the boys I want to and I know that they love me. If you were a fly on the wall in our home you will see that quite often they ask me for things, are cuddled up with me on the sofa, asking me to bath them and wash their hair. (5) when he goes to bed has to have cuddles with me while he holds on tight telling me he loves me. (9) asks me to help with his creative homework because together we always come up with super cool ideas. It breaks my heart when I can’t do all that they want me to do. A few weeks ago (5) cried when he got up because he wanted me to pick him up from school. He clung on tight as I left for work that morning and it broke my heart.
So there you have it i’m not this nasty person people claim I am.